Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Here's What Grinds My Gears...

Hey y'all,

    So, I have one for you guys today. Something that really really grinds my gears. Check out this "article": here

    To be completely honest with y'all, I disagree. Completely. This article makes it sound like I have to just "be okay" with the life I have decided to share with my husband. I would never in my wildest dreams ask Trent to stop going for his dreams. Ever. If anything, I push him to do what his heart wants. I want the man to reach for the stars if he wants! And it doesn't matter if you are military or not. A lot of the "You have to be okay" topics are normal stuff that every couple should do; like "choosing happiness" or "finding the positive" or "talking about death and dying".... There are others, but these ones bothered me the most. If you don't do those things normally, how are you functioning as a couple? As a unit? Trent and I are on the same page about all those topics and then some. We work on budgets and discuss those not-so-comfortable topics like dying because you know what? I am human. Eventually I will grow old and die. However, I am not some weak woman that has to tell myself that I have to "be okay" with my situation. If I don't like it, I do my best to change it. If he is deployed, and I don't like the fact that I am by myself, I go do things with people. 

    You are more than welcome to try to enlighten me about how some of the things she listed are ONLY for those who's significant others are in the military (besides the obvious deployment one... but in all honesty, you get into a rhythm...) Everything she listed, MANY other (insert job title) wives deal with the same thing... Construction Workers, Doctors, Police Officers, Teachers, etc.... You should always strive to stay positive and keep your head up. Life doesn't stop just because they are gone. So why should I?

    It's articles like this that fuel the younger wives into thinking that they are something like a superhero. Yes, they miss a lot of milestones. Yes they miss out on adventures. That's why I make an adventure book and fill it with pictures and stories of my day and send it to him while he is deployed. Gives me something to do and a reason to go out and do stuff. 

    You want the real reason being a military wife is so hard? It's because a relationship takes work. A relationship takes dedication and compromise. THAT is hard to do when your husband is halfway across the world from you.

    End rant. Sorry y'all! Haha. I am a passionate woman about certain things.
    ALSO! Check out the recipe page! I am sharing a good one with you guys today! I made some Lemon Gooey Bars (CHECK IT OUT HERE)


-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com