Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Good Morning Baltimore!

Hey y'all!

    I know this is probably going to be "old news" for most of you guys, but I still want to put my thoughts out there about the riots that happened in Baltimore and a few other things that have been bugging me.

    With all these riots that are going on... and the latest "trend" of stepping/stomping/dancing on the flag to "stand up for" the innocent lives lost due to police deaths. Here is what I have to say to those who think that it was cool or awesome or were in agreement with these people.

    First off, that flag that you are standing on? Is the same flag that stormed Normandy. It's the same flag that sits comfortingly on the shoulders of our service members to remind them what they are fighting for. It's the same flag that flew on September 11th when those towers fell. The flag doesn't care if you are white, red, orange, black, blue, purple, or tie-dye... Here is what the flag stands for: White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice. Currently, my husband is gone defending that freedom. My Daddy served, my Uncles served, I have had cousins serve, Friends serve, and Grandparents serve. Do not tell me that their sacrifice warrants you disrespecting the flag they love and swore to protect.

    Second, these people that say that they are doing this to bring awareness to the innocent lives that are being lost.... Understand that there were innocent lives lost just so you could have the freedom you take for granted. The flag doesn't fly on the breeze, it flies on the breath of every service member that cashed in that check they signed when they volunteered to join the armed forces. 

    Last, if you are one of the fools that are allowing Our Flag to touch the ground, shame on you. If you are standing on it while it's on the ground... Please understand that you look like an idiot. If you want to protest, protest. But do so peacefully and respectfully so that you actually look like you know a thing or two... Martin Luther King never stood on Old Glory to protest. He never burned the flag to make a point. Nor did he ever condone a riot as a way of having a "peaceful protest".

    I do know that those people rioting in Baltimore, most of them were bussed in from Ferguson to cause that kind of damage.

    And I must say, that mother that got her baby boy out of that nonsense, I applaude her. It takes a real mother to be able to see only eyes and know who it is. The fact that the kid froze and tried to get away tells me one thing, these children that are rioting, are just that. Children. Throwing a massive temper tantrum for what they claimed to be "a peaceful protest". 


    Okay, I am off my soap box now. Haha.

    Move Tip #2: Make a running inventory of all the things you have in your house. It makes life so much easier when you can look on your inventory and see what's missing versus the HHG inventory the movers hand you that is all kinds of generic information.

    That's all for now folks!

-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com